Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014

I'm going to hop on the "highlights of 2014" bandwagon, so I send my apologies now. Sorry not sorry.

In no particular order....

I recommitted my life to Christ! I made him a priority in my life in May and that completely changed everything -- my attitude, my outlooks, my loves -- it changed everything for the better.

realized I have 2 best friends who are there for me for everything and furthered my relationship with them to an unshakeable level.



My highschool went to the state champtionships and were undefeated all season!

I worshipped with Phil Wickham and it was incredible.


turned 15 and got my permit (not as exciting as 16, but it's the closest thing I got). 



I won 2 golf tournaments as an individual!

I ran my first ever 8:32 mile. Not super fast to most people, but it was so great to me.

I became lead teacher of a Sunday School at church, which only adults are allowed to be, so it is a huge deal to be 15 and a lead teacher.

I went to the Opry way too many times and have no regrets.

I drank my first cup of coffee black. I definetly prefer coffee with milk and sugar but I don't hate it.

I learned all 19 of the Duggar kids names and have then memorized in birth order.

I fractured my fourth metacarpal and got diagnosed with tendonitis in my right hand, causing no golf for 6 weeks.


I went to the Orange and White game at UTK with Emma and had an absolute blast in the West Club Terrace.

I bought lots of monograms.

I got 2 kittens: Elsa and Marley.

I went to the beach with my family.

I saw Sam Hunt in concert and it was absolutely remarkable.



I went to Chicago on a mission trip and learned I have a heart for the people there and left it there when we came back.

I met Hunter Hayes.


I bought lots of Chickfila.

I met and completely fell in love with Kelsea Ballerini. She is literally the cutest, sweetest, funnest, most talented girl I know. So lucky to call her a friend.
I met Scotty McCreery.


I got sang to at a mexican restruant and wore a sombrero and everything.


I had my first Frothy Monkey experience.


I got my second piercings and they rock.

I saw Keith Urban live and was without a doubt the best preformer I've ever seen.

I learned I love choir and being back in music after leaving it for a year.

cut off 11 inches of hair for Locks of Love.



I worked super hard and got rockin sock tan and golf tan lines.

I saw Josh Turner in concert.

I became Gloria at Starbucks on total accident.


Overall in 2014, I learned to smile and appreciate the little things. I learned to laugh when it's hard and to find the good in situation. I learned to order coffee and take pictures of it without caring. I learned to take selfies with no shame if for no other reason than just to look back on them. I learned it's not dorky to like reading. I learned candles are one of my favorite ways to relax. I learned people come and go and you have to let them leave if they want to. I learned not to let a boy control your dreams and take over your thoughts. I learned to trust God and to take joy in every situation for it is all for His kingdom and for His will.
Bring it 2015.

No comments :

Post a Comment