Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Treasures

July 28, 2015


For the ride up and back to Chicago (post coming soon), Apple Music was my best friend. When it first came out, I immediately made the switch from Spotify (all motivation goes to my inner teenage girl who occasionally wants to jam to Taylor Swift). It has taken me well over 2 weeks to get my playlists even half way decent, but with time, they'll get there.

To me, Apple Music isn't as appealing to the eye as Spotify. Spotify looks more sleek and user friendly, while Apple Music is bland.
Spotify also has some features that Apple Music doesn't. Spotify checks the playlist before you add the song, while it is very easy to double up tracks with Apple. Spotify's playlists are also a thousand times better. Apple's "playlists" are really only about ten songs long, which really isn't even a real playlist to me.
I've loved the library that is available on Apple Music, but that's really about it.





Friday Night Lights is absolutely golden, y'all. I'm only on season 2, but I am in love. I never have missed football season more or wished I grew up in a football town more than when I watch this show. Within only a matter of episodes, you fall in love with the Taylors and Tim Riggins. It's a quality show full of drama and love. I'm watching through it on Netflix, but it is also available on Amazon and other retailers.




I don't know how often you go to Chicago, but if you're ever in Chicago, I definitely recommend a stop at Rudy's Bar and Grille. For our "free night" on our trip, my group made a stop at Rudy's on East Madison, and it was wonderful. Our table split an order of fried pickles that were more expensive for the serving size and quality, but they were a great taste of home throughout the week of no sweet tea. For my entree, I ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich without the bleu cheese and a side of their homemade chips. Now you see, I'm very picky about house made chips. I have had the best ones (Bricks' Cafe), and ever since then, I have only been impressed by a few, and Rudy's is one of them. They were so delicious. If you're ever looking for a decent, family friendly restaurant in Chicago, I highly recommend Rudy's. 


To close out this week of Chicago themed treasures, I have to include the bean. It's totally wrong if I don't. Another stop on our "free night" was at the large mirrored object in downtown Chicago. Despite the many hand prints and the streaks on it's reflection, the bean is pretty cute. In all honesty, I think the bean is pointless and a waste of money, but it makes for some cool pictures and creative captions, so it's all balances out. For example: 
"Hey how ya bean?" "Thanks for bean my friend" "Bean friends with you never gets old" "It's bean a while since my last selfie, so here you go" 
See? The possibilities are endless. 
Bean thankful for everything makes life so much happier.

Sorry, I couldn't help it :)
xo,
lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment