Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tuesday Treasures

July 7, 2015
This past week has been a relaxing one. Though it was the 4th of July, and the U.S. Women's team won, this week here in Nolensville has been just like any other.

One thing that has dominated my life pretty recently is coffee. It shouldn't be a surprise that I love it, but I don't only treasure it for it's flavor (though it is one of my most favorite flavors). The conversations I have had this past week are the real treasures, and it just so happens that I had coffee in my hands during them. Such real, intentional conversation happens when you sit down with someone and lay your heart out, whether it is your best friend or someone you want to get to know. A good conversation can be hard to start, but saying you want to drink coffee is a pretty darn good reason to sit down with someone and converse.
In middle Tennessee, there are coffee shops everywhere, especially in Franklin, but The Well and Mama's Java are my two favorites. The Well is a missional coffee shop with a rustic feel and a friendly atmosphere. There are 2, one on Granny White Pike and one on OHB. When I went into the one on Old Hickory Boulevard, all I could think (and say) was "this is so cute!!" Mason jar lights, artsy chalk boards, and warehouse ceilings. If you're ever in Brentwood, I definitely recommend the Well for some intentional conversation. Their iced hazelnut latte is my recommendation
If you're ever to Brentwood's southern neighbor, Nolensville, your options for coffee shops becomes a bit more limited considering the small town you're in. Though it is Nolensville's only coffee shop, Mama's Java is one of my favorite environments. I've had many breakfasts with Poppa there and several cups of coffee with Em there, and I find myself going back every time. Their Americano is excellent year round, but their iced vanilla coffee is my go to summer time drink. Check their facebook page for the most up to date specials!

The book of Colossians has been one of my lifelines lately. With the world changing around us so rapidly, I can't help, but cling to this letter to the church in Colossae. A more in depth post coming about it soon, but if you're questioning what is true as our laws and world evolves, Colossians is a good place to start.

This past week, the University of Tennessee has revealed their #OneTennessee line, which is their new Nike uniforms and apparel. I love Nike, and I love UT, so I really have no problem with the brand change. Nike brought so many cute things to Tennessee, but my most favorites are these pullovers. 
This gray one definitely put on my "to buy" list, but it is almost sold out, and this orange one is totally cute, too. I know Nike probably wasn't going for "cute," but it is what it is. In all honesty, I would take one of everything they revealed.
                               


I don't really think it is a "Tuesday Treasures" without a new recipe, and this week's is one of my new favorites. It is a french onion chicken casserole. I know I say everything is my favorite, but I could eat my weight in this stuff. So. Good. And it even has those crispy french onions on top. Yum!
                                                                        French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole - the French onion dip seems weird but is probably good.


I really hope you have real conversations this week! It is so good to let down your guard for a few hours and drink some delicious coffee while you're at it. 
xoxo.
lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment