Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday Treasures

July 14, 2015







I have spent the past 7 months of my life watching Lorelai Gilmore's disastrous love life, and I have absolutely no regrets. After 153 episodes of Gilmore Girls, I finally know who Loreali ends up with, and I could not be more satisfied.
Stars Hollow and Gilmore Girls have become a part of me, like it or not. The girls' obsession with coffee has only fed my obsession with coffee, I can't help but think of Luke when I see an older blue pick up truck, and I see my mom as my best friend now. 
Gilmore Girls is one of the few clean humored shows that I thoroughly enjoy. Light enough to play in the background when I'm cleaning, but deep enough that I was in tears during the series finale. It's perfect.
Gilmore Girls follows the lives of single mom, Lorelai Gilmore, and daughter Lorelai Gilmore (known as Rory) from Rory's freshman year until she graduates college. When Rory gets into a prestigious, expensive, private school, Lorelai is left with no choice, but to turn to her wealthy parents after years of avoiding. They agree to fund her education...as long as Lorelai and Rory will join them for Friday night dinners.. If you're looking for a great TV show, Gilmore Girls is definitely it. All 7 seasons are on Netflix, as well as available for DVD purchase

I caved in..I bought Jack Rogers. I am totally not sorry for the $94 I spent on them either.
Hamptons Sandal
I ordered the Hampton's sandal in platinum, and they go with literally everything. I wore them to church on Sunday, I wore them to coffee yesterday, I wore them to a mission trip training. They go with everything. I discovered they run a little big, but nothing unbearable. I typically wear between a 7.5 and 8, and I figured it would be better to be too big than too small, so I went ahead and ordered an 8. There's a little bit of room at both ends, but not enough to trip or drag. 
Typically, from Jack Rogers' website, these sandals are $118, but I bought mine from Country Club Prep, where they are also $118, but I found a lovely coupon for 20% off, so I knocked the price down to $94. The 20% off code is for anything on their website, and you can use it over and over again. Awesome, right?
The code is "xcgal98". One of the girls I follow on Pinterest has a partnership with Country Club Prep, and encouraged me to use it, so feel free to get your 20% off.
Country Club Prep is an amazing source for all of my favorite brands. Until recently, I hadn't paid much attention to them, but they are definitely my go to shopping site now. With fast, free shipping and great quality products, I can't complain.
Check out all of CCP's Jack Rogers here, and the ones that I bought here. The black ones are the next on my list.
You're Not Alone - EP, Marie Miller

With the new addition of Apple Music (which I'm still trying to figure out), I've been using iTunes radio while trying to reconstruct all my playlists, and iTunes radio brought me a new artist who is one of the best.
Marie Miller.
Until this week, I had never heard of her or any of her songs, but "6-2" is one of my current favorites. Her folky style and easy, powerful voice draws me in and her creative story telling about her future husband and acceptance keep me listening. 
Check her album out on iTunes, and give her a follow on Twitter. I think she's just the cutest thing.

This week, I've needed some encouragement, and when I saw this, I just fell in love with it.
"I hope you know you're capable and brave and significant even when it feels like you're not."
I really love this, and I hope you always feel capable, brave, and significant.
 I found a sweet friend who made me feel this way this week and it made all the difference. Surround yourself with people who make you feel this way and help others feel this way, too. Life will be so much better if you do!

I'm off to Chicago for a mission trip on Saturday. Your prayers for safety and opportunity for conversation are greatly needed and appreciated! I can't wait to see what God is going to do through our team.

You're capable, brave, and significant. Live like it this week.
xo,
lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment