Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Treasures


June 30, 2015


Pageant Material has been on repeat all week long. With witty song writing and a new perspective on the world, I'm surprised she didn't do as well on any charts besides iTunes. It makes sense with her awesome "I am who I am" attitude and how some may be turned off by that. Purely on her talent alone, Kacey has the upper hand in the industry considering that she co-wrote every song on the album, too.
Much like "Follow Your Arrow" on her first album, "Cup of Tea" has such an accepting tone and was definitely a strong reminder to be who you are and to accept that not everybody is going to like you. To me, "This Town" was much like a follow up story on "Merry Go Round" in the way that they're both wittily written about a small town that has word travel fast.  On the deeper side, "Fine" and "Somebody to Love" show her serious songwriting about heartbreak and the longing of love that most experience. Just give the album a listen and decide for yourself.

 I am utterly obsessed with this cute do. When I first found it on Pinterest, I didn't realized it had a link attached to it for directions, so I spent about 10 minutes to test out some potential options of how she did it. All credit to the girl in the picture, and here's the tutorial she made for full instructions!
This past week, I watched a 3 year old and a 1 year old, and I did this when we went to the pool. It took about 3 minutes and stayed in throughout the dunks and jumps in the pool. While it didn't look near as cool because I don't have ombre, it's cuteness and practicality are totally there.



I came across this quote on tumblr this week, and I fell in love.  A.W. Tozer  said
"How completely satisfying is it to turn from our own limitations to a God who has none?"
I just sat there for a few minutes after reading that and was in total awe. One of the limitations of being human is not knowing the future. For me, it can be so frustrating to not know what is in store, but to turn it over and trust God, who knows everything is so completely satisfying. Tozer is so right.


Baseball isn't near as big as a thing as football here in Tennessee, but it is a great social gathering. Sunday night we went to a Sounds game, Nashville's minor league baseball team.
This season is their first season in the new First Tennessee Park, which is  so nice. They have a guitar scoreboard and a nice hang out area by the right outfield, which made it much more bearable for someone who doesn't particularly enjoy baseball. (me)
Though I'm not a baseball person, it was a very nice night. We went with my parents' Sunday school class, and the weather was so good. The atmosphere was very kid friendly and would be fun family trip if you're ever looking for something fun to do in Nashville.

Make the most of the little things and find the joys in everything!
xoxo,
Lauren    

No comments :

Post a Comment