Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday Treasures

June 23, 2015
Life has been so so fun lately, and I just want to share what treasures have made it so fun this week.
I spent this past week in Philly, and it was amazing. It included lots of delicious foods, books, and shopping.



Karen Kingsbury has done it again, ladies and gentlemen. Angels Walking and Chasing Sunsets are no exception to the excellent stories she's told in the past. Angels Walking and Chasing Sunsets are the story of Tyler, Sami, Marcus, and Mary Catherine, all who are watched over by angels. These angels are sent from heaven to walk among us and to protect the future of the 4 friends. Great reads if you like sappy, happy ending books. I read them on the car ride up to Pennsylvania, and I'm counting down until the third book is released.
Lifeway has Angels Walking for $14.99, and it's sequel, Chasing Sunsets, for $22.99

We were in Pennsylvania after all, and that is home of Reading Terminal Market. For those of you who many not be familiar with the Market, it is like a food court on steroids. There was greek food, ice cream, salad bar, ribs, coffee shops. You name it, it was there. There was a fresh pretzel stand that I had my first soft pretzel at, and it should be pretty self explanatory as to why it made the list.
If you do stop at Reading Terminal Market, I recommend checking out the Rib Stand for lunch and Bassett's Ice Cream (for mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone) or Miller's Twist (for a cinnamon soft pretzel) for dessert. The Rib Stand has the best potato wedges I have EVER had. They are absolutely to die for.

I'm so mad at myself for putting off listening to this album for so long honestly. I first heard about them when Steven Curtis Chapman mentioned them at Sam's Place back in March, and 3 months later, I learn that I love Colony House. Classified as "alternative rock", I shyed away on the first few songs, but "Learning to Love" won my heart and captured all of my attention. Filled with uplifting lyrics and great tunes, Colony House definitely is one of my new favorites. 


After we ate lunch in Shady Maple, we went through the giant gift shop down stairs, and of course, I went straight to the candle section. While trying out all the different scents, I came upon my favorite. Not just my favorite candle and scent there, but of all time.
Olde Glory by Milkhouse Candle Company. I don't even know how to describe it, but I love it more than any other candle I've burned, and I'm very excited to fill my room with it's scent.
Coconut wood, pink grapefruit, and pineapple sunset by Kringle Daylight also smelled very good.

It's the little things that make life so good, right?

No comments :

Post a Comment