Tuesday, April 26, 2016

As Family We Go Tour

I love a good country concert. I love the excitement in the audience, I love the tipsy dance moves, I love the sundresses and cowboy boots. I love it all, but I really love Christian concerts, especially when it's less of a concert and more of a night of worship.

Obviously, there are some names that come to mind when I'm thinking about nights of worship: Jesus Culture, all the Hillsongs, Phil Wickham, etc. But one I think often gets overlooked is Rend Collective.** As a "Christian experimental, folk rock, worship band," they're not quite Chris Tomlin or Amy Grant, but that doesn't mean they're not just as wonderful.

I saw them on Sunday night with one of my best friends, and they blew me away. 
Their hearts and their talent is almost indescribable. 


Check out their website for for more information!
Following their opener, Urban Rescue (another personal favorite of mine), Gareth took the stage and talked about Compassion International, a sponsorship program with third world countries, and shared his personal testimony with the organization. As I learned throughout the night, Rend Collective is one of the most selfless bands out there, and their feature for it just supported that.

After a quick change from regular attire to  "Irish" clothing of vests and hats, Rend Collective took the stage.

Immediately, Chris prefaced the night to be a night of fun, worship, disclaiming that song is only one way worship is demonstrated, and then kicking off the band.
As the set progressed, the band members rotated around the stage in a circle from drums to guitar to piano. If that's not talent, I don't have any idea what is. 


Their personalities filled the stage in their worship styles, as well as their voices and music.
I originally bought these tickets to see their opener, Urban Rescue, and was indifferent towards Rend Collective. Though my boys in UR rocked it and put on a great set, Rend Collective was the better show, without a doubt.


Between their fun music and contagious passion, Rend Collective was an awesome show to go see. But really, their performance reminded me what my heart should always be doing: praising the Lord with all that I am. 
xo,
Lauren

bff :)
**I have a theory as to why Rend Collective isn't extremely popular: Christian radio is dominated by songs of trial and difficulty, and Rend Collective's music is abundantly praising. The average listener, is more than likely in a trial and questioning God and their situation. Because of this, songs of praise about the constant goodness of God are not as popular, thus do not market as well, though we are called to praise even in the hardships.



No comments :

Post a Comment