Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Treasures

August 18, 2015
It is a rainy Tuesday in Nashville which only makes me want crawl back in bed and finish my book, but sadly, that did not get to happen. There have been many joys this week despite the sad weather. 

For those who didn't know, my grandfather is one of my most favorite people on this planet. He loves me with such a genuine, constant love and is such a role model of mine in every single way. If you know him, you'd know that he is almost always seen with a coffee cup and blue shirt when he teaches his Sunday school class.
On Sunday, I go to meet my parents after service and I am greeted by this:

It turns out that his Sunday School bought a bobble head for him, and the resemblance is uncanny. 
Such a small, humorous gesture of appreciation brought such a smile to my face then, and as I type this, I am grinning ear to ear as well.
If you're interested in a replica bobblehead, check out https://www.likenessme.com/ to order one.

Even in the dark skies, yesterday was filled with color and life because of the Lilly After Party Sale.
Until yesterday, I had never participated in the APS, but I now know I am participating in every other one to come. 
Yall, these deals were crazy.
$298 Annabelle dresses for $99, $69 shorts for $44, $70 scarves for $29. 
It was every Lilly lover's dream.
If my funds were more thorough, I definitely would have bought a few dresses and a scarf or two, but I couldn't swing much more than a top or two.
I purchased the Amelia Island Tunic in Resort White and I am so excited for it to come in. I have wanted a tunic like this for a long while and now, I finally have one. When it comes in, I will be sure to let you know about the fit and wear of it all.
I'm already saving up for the next APS, which happen twice a year so in case you missed out, I'll be sure to post some tips and details for it! 

Much like the south has Cracker Barrels and Waffle Houses, the north has Friendly's. Friendly's is sort of like a Steak n Shake for those who are familiar with that chain. They're known for their ice cream and milkshakes.
When we were in Pennsylvania, I got to taste Friendly's food and desserts multiple times as there was one right next to our hotel at Hershey. 

Their coffee ice cream is my personal favorite, but my mom's favorite is a slice of Watermelon Roll.
Watermelon Roll is basically sherbet ice cream with chocolate chips in the shape on a watermelon. Sadly, they didn't serve it in store and Mom never got her slice of Watermelon Roll Cake while we were up there, but when I was shopping with my grandmother on Saturday and found Friendly's Watermelon Roll Cake. I promptly put it in our buggy and surprised her once I got home.
Her face when she opened it was priceless. I hope I never forget that look of excitement she had. Sure, it was just a piece of ice cream, but it brought so much joy to her that it made my heart happy. 

I know I've sung the praises of She Reads Truth many times before, but they shared a wonderful quote in one of their recent devotionals:
"What I do is because of who I am; what I do does not make me who I am."
Everything I do is because of the events and people and beliefs I have, but what I do does not define all that I am. I am more than my daily cup of coffee or my excitement about new music and concerts. I am more than anything anyone could ever try to make me, and you are, too. Not to get cheesy, but remember this. Don't let anyone try to define you because you can be whoever you want to be.

xo,
lauren 

No comments :

Post a Comment