Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Attitude of Beauty



I stumbled across these attitudes of beauty the other week, and something about them struck a cord within me,

My Uncle Gucci came up with these for his daughter, Kelly when she was younger and she really lived by them through the years.. She is forever one of the most kind, helpful, loving women I know, and I see her beauty physically, but with her attitudes, too. 

I think I like them so much because I'm all about the idea that beauty is much more than your clothes and hair. Despite society defining beautiful as the girl with brown beach waves for hair and the pale blonde with bright eyes, beauty is your heart. 

Be kind. Be helpful. Be friendly. Be considerate. Be courteous. Be generous. Be neat. Be thankful. Be respectful. Be loving, first, and then, work on the outside because I guarantee you will be much more beautiful if you're thankful and considerate than if you have perfect hair and expensive clothes. 

Be beautiful,
Lauren



Side note: We really did call him Gucci because when I was a little, he would always come after me saying "gucci, gucci, goo," trying to tickle us. We'd run and laugh and scream, but at the time, we didn't know him as "Leland" or "Mo", he was "Gucci" to us, and it stuck.

No comments :

Post a Comment