Sunday, February 22, 2015

Burning It Down Tour 2015


Jason Aldean "burned it down" last night in Nashville. 
See what I did there? 

Jason Aldean with Tyler Farr and Cole Swindell stopped at Bridgestone last night. Lots of lights, lots of pyro techs, and lots of loud music, which sounds like a good night if you ask me. 

Tyler came out and ran around the stage. Being the first act, he sang to half empty arena, but by the time his set finished, Bridgestone was packed. In comparison to his released studio tracks, he didn't sound too hot to me. Pushed and unsure are two words I'd use to describe Tyler. Vocally, he tried to do some runs and hit some notes that he shouldn't have. He also seemed unsure of what to do with the room on the stage, which didn't help his stage presence much. He did set the mood for the show very well though. Overall, Tyler wasn't my favorite, but has potential.


Then Cole Swindell came out and every girl swooned and every guy raised did a 12 ounce curl. Cole was incredible. From the first moment his intro video played, the energy in the arena soared. Cole came out smiling with a huge stage presence. The entire crowd was dancing, and I don't think it was entirely because of the alcohol. He has a great voice that sounded almost exactly like he does on his albums. Since Cole is a songwriter turned singer, he sang some of his writes like "This is How We Roll" and "Roller Coaster." Besides singing "Roller Coaster," He also has some Luke like dance moves that were adorable. I was genuinely impressed by how much talent he had. Cole is definitely one of my new favs. 

And then came Jason...I have listened to Jason for as long as I can remember. Dirt Road Anthem is one of the first songs I remember bragging about having it memorized.


  It was crazy cool to see him live, and I was not disappointed. Awesome pyro techs and lights only enhanced the true talent Jason has. His albums and his live voice sound exactly the same, which always impresses me in this day and age. Though his voice was the same, many of his songs seemed "amped" up with higher tempos and heavier drum beats. It wasn't bad, but it was almost like it was a remix on certain tracks. 


Jason didn't talk much between songs, which is up to you if it's bad or good. With a 22 song set and encore, you definitely get your moneys worth. If for no other reason, the concert was well worth it's cost because Randy Owen of Alabama came out and sang a few songs. Jason has always liked the band Alabama, so seeing him on stage with Randy was a really cool and special sight. 

As the night went on, the artists got more and more talented and only confirmed that concerts with loud music and lots of lights are my happy place. 

~lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment